At Avonhead Montessori Preschool, we provide a ‘home away from home’, nurturing and cosy environment for your little ones. Our engaging and supportive learning environment ensures your child receives meaningful care, as well as personalised learning and development.
Avonhead Preschool has an educational programme for children up to the age of six years based on the Montessori philosophy and the National Early Childhood curriculum Te Whāriki.
The Montessori Programme gives children freedom within a structure. Carefully designed teaching materials are used by specially trained teachers to develop the potential of a young child in keeping with the Montessori Philosophy, with the environment and programme within the classroom planned to optimise children’s learning opportunities.
We are open 7.30am-5.30pm, Monday – Friday, with well-resourced and spacious indoor and outdoor play areas.
At Avonhead Montessori, our experienced teachers are warm, welcoming and fun. They guide our tamariki to engage in challenging experiences and treat all children with respect, providing equal opportunities to ensure your child gets the best start in life.
Parents love the rich sense of community that we instill within the centre, and our curriculum at Avonhead reflects our philosophy for strong relationships. We value input from parents, teachers, whānau, children and our wonderful community.
At Avonhead, we love what we do because we do what we love!
At Avonhead Montessori, we believe in and follow the broad principles of Maria Montessori and Te Whāriki, New Zealand’s Early childhood curriculum.
Our holistic programme is designed with the aim to help every child reach their full potential and empower them as confident and competent life-long learners.
- Is child-focused and encourages self-reliance, develops children’s sense of self-worth and identity
- Aims to create independent learners for the future; by building children’s confidence and self-esteem, equipping them with the necessary skills for all social and educational experiences in life.
- Acknowledges children’s strengths and interests, and enables children to maintain focus and develop their concentration through working with activities of their choice, as well as instilling intrinsic motivation for a love of learning.
- Provides opportunities for children’s skills and knowledge to be extended, according to their individual needs and abilities.
- Recognises the importance of the intimate relationships required between the home and the pre-school environments.
- A harmonious integration of active and exploratory play into the overall curriculum where kinaesthetic learning is truly valued.
- Seeks to further children’s knowledge of their own and other cultures in New Zealand, recognising beauty in diversity.
Contact us, book a tour or join our waiting list,
we’d love to hear from you!
We understand that your child’s education & care is a priority and that choosing the right centre can be a big decision. We would be delighted to share in your child’s learning journey. Feel welcome to contact us in whichever way is most convenient for you, or visit our centre and meet our Teaching Team!